Army Installation Management Command Accounting Technician NF-03 in Fort Drum, New York
Initial Cut-Off Date: Monday, April 23, 2017 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
The area of consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens within the Local Commuting Area of Fort Drum, NY. This includes the counties of: St. Lawrence, Oswego, Jefferson, and Lewis. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) moving to the area within 30 days from the closing date of this announcement and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located within Support Services Division
Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division (LI), is located in northern New York's picturesque North Country, one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, offering many outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Fort Drum is approximately 30 miles south of the Canadian border, 85 miles north of Syracuse, and 350 miles north of New York City. It is located with the Great Lakes to the west, the Adirondack Mountains to the east, and the St. Lawrence River and Thousand Islands in between.
Fort Drum's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) Division is a comprehensive network of quality support and leisure services that enhances the lives of Soldiers, Civilians, Families, military retirees and other eligible participants. The FMWR's vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide the foundation for the Army's home by increasing Soldier and Family resiliency, restoring balance, enhancing recruitment, readiness and retention for Soldiers and Families.
Learn more about this agency
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of accounting documents submitted by assigned activities.
- Maintains assigned subsidiary ledgers for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, customer deposits, unearned income, annual leave payable, equipment, prepaid items and central storeroom accounts.
- Analyses and reviews reports and machine listing to assure they are in balance and in proper format and sort sequence, that accounting data is valid and that it adheres to prescribed regulatory manuals and procedures.
- Verifies corrected copy and recommends changes in procedures to prevent a recurrence of the problem.
- #### Job family (Series)
0525 Accounting Technician
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
Qualified candidates will possess all of the following: * Work experience- performing accounting support duties such as: Processing transactions to include verifying codes and other information; reconciling balances; using standard formulas to calculate and/or verify calculations; assembling appropriate forms and reports; entering data into automated file systems; distributing documents to appropriate personnel; answering routine procedural inquiries; Maintaining assigned subsidiary ledgers for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, customer deposits, unearned income, annual leave payable, equipment, prepaid items and central storeroom accounts. HIGHLY PREFERRED: Are those candidates that possess both the minimum qualifications above* and: * Experience of at least six months interpreting, applying, and evaluating internal control procedures and utilizing internal control checklists AND * The ability to organize and communicate through written correspondence and oral communication. *PLEASE NOTE: Your resume & application package must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and questionnaire to be rated eligible. You must also include the Highly Preferred criteria in your resume, if applicable.
*Applicants that meet the Minimum Qualifications & Highly Preferred criteria will be referred to management for consideration first. All others will be referred if management does not make a selection from the Highly Preferred list*
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Work schedule may be irregular. The incumbent may be required to work, nights, weekends, holidays and/or special events.
- Management reserves the right to reassign employees to other facilities.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- SITUATIONAL: Military PCS Orders & Marriage Certificate, DA 3434, DA 3433
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package: * Electronically* (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)NENAFBN1810189112 Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Fort Drum NAF CPAC
BN-NAF-W0XQAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT DRUM DO NOT MAIL Fort Drum, NY US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496774700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/13/2018 to 04/30/2018
Salary: $30,000 to $38,000 per year Salary will be determined by the Hiring Manager and may be based upon such criteria as related experience and/or education
Pay scale & grade: NF 3
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent